Pages

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Wassup dude!

Last week we got put into groups for our final brief for Project 1. The brief was that we had to design skate decks, the catch was that each board must be individual however the final four boards must link as a series. Finally, finally, finally, I was given a half decent group. My group consisted of a second year ex-communications student who jumped ship this year to do design, the girl from my first Pianola brief, and a crazy talented asian kid. Together we came up with the idea to link our boards thematically through the idea of "fears". Each of our fears would be illustrated within a silhouette which would also help link them and they would all share a logo. I've been struggling with mine, especially since I've been at work constantly and have been permanently tired so I have no motivation to start. Originally I planned to illustrate drowning, then I decided on a concept of social isolation before deciding to illustrate a fear of outer space. My idea came from my own strange fear of outer space. I remember sitting in my backyard with my parents looking up at the sky. The concept that the stars I saw before me was really just a snapshot of 50 million years ago (ish) was slightly terrifying. After a while I found myself diverting my thoughts to things a little closer to home, shrinking the universe back down to the size of my world. The places I visit on a daily basis. I'm still not 100% happy with my design and it's due tomorrow.

I had to model last week for Image Design. I found it to be the most awkward thing I've ever done. There is definitely a reason why I avoid cameras. Even my partner was laughing at how awkward the photos were. Today I shot her and it made me happy to see that she's not that confident in front of the camera either, even though she was making me feel like crap.

I have a worksheet due on Friday. It's worth 15% of my grade for DHF. I did 100% of it at work in my spare time. Doing it at work means I get through it a lot slower but I don't mind. The worksheet was on referencing and critical reading.

I'm having a life crisis. I have no idea whether I want to stay in this course and whether design is for me. I'm tossing up possible contacting a few other uni's and seeing what my options are for switching for the spring semester. I've decided I need to see through the semester in the course I'm in. Even though it means extra HECs I just want to make sure I'm not making any rash decisions. I don't want to look back in a few years and wish that I'd stuck with it or given it more of a chance. I'm not sure whether my issue is with the course or whether my issue is with the people. I have no friends at uni which makes it a very bleak existence and I don't feel anyone is very friendly. I can't see anyone there that I would want to make friends with. It could just be me but I'm not entirely sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik