Pages

Monday 2 March 2015

Do you work for The Telegraph?

On Thursday myself and my partner presented our "iPianola" concept and it was truly awful. Our work was pathetic compared to others and I felt really stupid. But then I still had a cold so I didn't care too much. We spent the rest of the class learning how to resize an image in Photoshop, something I've been able to do from Year 7.

After class I headed down to the place where they hire cameras and got myself a Nikon D200, which is a really nice piece of equipment.

I headed into the city on Friday to take some photographs for my first photography assignment. We were given the task of heading to an outdoor location and to take sixteen photos using four basic photography skills/principles. I decided my location would be Central station so I spent a few hours in the station and on the platform taking photos. At one point I was approached by a staff member at the station and discussed with him my project. He gave me some advice such as trying to take symmetrical photos, especially one straight down the centre of the roof focused on the clock. I had my boyfriend with me who helped me with carrying equipment, choosing the settings, not falling in front of trains etc. I was also approached by an elderly gentleman who asked me "Do you work for The Telegraph?". After eventually communicating with him that I was in fact a student and had nothing to do with any paper, he exclaimed "The Telegraph is just out to ruin lives!" and walked off.

I give the camera back tomorrow (Tuesday) and I might hire it out again for Thursday and maybe go back and take some photos in the evening.

Hopefully this week will be better than the last.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik